I don’t want any mercury in my child’s body. I know the traditional type of filling has mercury in it. I know there are other options, but my dentist says they aren’t as strong. i think I’d rather have a weaker filling than a toxic one.
Linda K. – Minnesotta
You bring up some good points. It would be better to have a weaker filling than a toxic one. Fortunately, you don’t have to make that choice. Your dentist is mistaken.
Composite fillings, often called white fillings, are actually stronger than amalgam (silver) fillings, so his reasoning is false. I’m guessing he is not familiar with how to place composite fillings so he is making excuses.
My suggestion is you find a pediatric dentist who is also a mercury free dentist or at least understands your desire to put no mercury in your child’s mouth.
This blog is brought to you by Auburn, AL Dentist Dr. Raymond Bolt.